There is video of this on YouTube. We’re linking it instead of posting it, because it’s that violent and difficult to watch. Here’s what happened: Two customers got unruly after a McDonald’s employee wouldn’t give them their food until he could check the $50 bill they handed over. The customers started slapping him, and then jumped over the counter to confront him. What these unruly customers didn’t know is that the employee, Rayon McIntosh, recently got out of jail for manslaughter, and the incident set him off. He got a hold of a metal pole and started beating them savagely. One of the customers suffered a broken arm and fractured skull. The result? Both the customers and McIntosh got charged, in McIntosh’s case with felony assault. The chain and franchise owner have both come out against McIntosh’s actions, but the video itself seems to support a reasonable cause for self-defense, even if McIntosh’s own reaction was too heavy-handed (to put it lightly). Watch the video and see what you think. source
Not just the violence but the two customers’ behavior is just mind-boggling to me. How you can honestly walk into a restaurant and feel like it’s appropriate to not only hit/slap someone but call them names like “pussy” and “fucker” and then jump behind the counter to continue harassing the person serving you and not expect them to defend themselves? All over a goddamn Big Mac?
Heavy handed? I work retail, I’ve worked fast food… Any fast food worker who’ll send a guy to the hospital in an ambulance, rather than to the morgue in a moist squishy pile, is showing an amazing level of restraint.
- univ-poker-gratuit reblogged this from shortformblog
- ratsinthekitchen reblogged this from tearsturnedtopoppies and added:
- tearsturnedtopoppies reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- anthlc reblogged this from shortformblog
- paulineerika reblogged this from shortformblog
- stuffawhitegirllikes reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- kuwaitigenius reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- sushiinthecan likes this
- buriedinblack reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- annieoakley5evah reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- yumyumconfetti reblogged this from mychemicalromances
- jamie-reads-thenews reblogged this from shortformblog
- darcibastiaan said: Although McIntosh’s reaction is brutal, these two costumers did two things that are just unacceptable: 1) taunting him, THEN slapping him, and 2) jumping over the counter. What if one of those costumers had a knife, or a gun?
- chinatownlife likes this
- jvbrewer said: See Article 35 of the NY Penal Law. His use of physical force was only justified to the extent he reasonably believed it to be necessary to defend himself. Initially he was probably justified, but once they were down, he likely went too far. Sad.
- killerannakills reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- killerannakills likes this
- everythingexceptrapandcountry likes this
- reafan likes this
- tairy-hesticles likes this
- joshsternberg reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- sisypheenne likes this
- politicalthinker2099 reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- shortformblog posted this