Yvonne Vera (September 19, 1964 - April 7, 2005) was an award-winning author from Zimbabwe. Her novels are known for their poetic prose, difficult subject-matter, and their strong women characters, and are firmly rooted in Zimbabwe’s difficult past. For these reasons, she has been widely studied and appreciated by those studying postcolonial African literature.
In 2005, Vera passed away from AIDS-related meningitis, in Toronto, Canada.
- jadoreafrica likes this
- sixdegreesofkevinbacon likes this
- thebestelijah reblogged this from imasoldieroflife
- imasoldieroflife likes this
- ofabeokuta likes this
- fleursdartifice reblogged this from karnythia
- holothuroid likes this
- nefermaathotep likes this
- angienisme likes this
- blkdykegoddess likes this
- manufactoriel likes this
- fifigoggo likes this
- 535sadia likes this