My window opened soundlessly. I stopped, stepped back, and let it fall closed. It made the usual sound a window makes when it’s closing: loud, obtrusive, and startling enough to get my dad yelling from downstairs.
“Bells, you all right?”
“Yeah,” I called back. I opened my window again. No creaking, still. This was new. This was not good. I frowned at the window. Something would have to be done about this.
That weird Cullen kid was back in school today. He watched me all day like I was some sort of freak. I didn’t have anything caught between my teeth. I had checked during a break between classes in case there was some unsightly lettuce poking its way between my front teeth.
The staring thing was not cool. Everything about him was not cool. I never thought I would actually see a real life embodiment of the lessons in The Gift of Fear that dad had got me for my fifteenth birthday, but here he was, sitting next to me in biology class. Ugh.
Supper was the usual affair: frozen leftover lasagna with textured vegetable protein. Dad like to complain that lasagna was supposed to have meat in it. I told him, again, that if he wanted meat in his lasagna, he was more than welcome to make his own and freeze it. We ended in a stalemate, both eating in silence.
That night, I got down the shotgun from the shelf in the closet, loaded it up, and slipped under my covers, eyes wide open.
I heard the window open. Not because of the now absent squeaking, but because I had set up an old Christmas ornament on the sill. It broke on the ground. I didn’t move and whoever it was what had come in through my window froze, waiting.
I waited, too.
I could hear his footsteps moving across the room as he came closer.
All right, Bella, I told myself, let’s do this.
I swung the shotgun up from beside me, fitted the stock against my shoulder, aimed, and fired.
Edward Cullen fell to the floor of my room. I stood up, shotgun still trained on him.
“What the hell kind of idiot decides to sneak into the house of the police chief?” I demanded. He sort of gurgled.
“Bells?” Dad’s voice again, this time much more agitated.
“Yeah?” I crossed to the window and slammed it closed so that the only way Cullen could escape was through the door that my dad now stood in, looking wide awake and carrying his own service pistol.
“What the hell is going on.”
“I’d like to file a breaking and entering report, Dad,” I said.
How Twilight should have started… And ended.
- starcaptaiin reblogged this from its-alrightlovexx
- charizma101 reblogged this from lazybrandhockey18
- charizma101 likes this
- lazybrandhockey18 reblogged this from chelsealee24 and added:
- chelsealee24 likes this
- chelsealee24 reblogged this from spliffkeis
- spliffkeis reblogged this from gemmakidd
- gemmakidd reblogged this from risk-yourluck
- why-is-the-silent-so-loud reblogged this from love-and-other-catastrophys
- beepbeeprobotlovesong likes this
- darlinduck reblogged this from risk-yourluck
- risk-yourluck reblogged this from love-and-other-catastrophys
- love-and-other-catastrophys reblogged this from musicandskittles
- rainbowdinosaurninjas reblogged this from harryandlouisfuckokbye
- jack-and-jill reblogged this from heyanonymouss
- laylatheweirdo likes this
- summernightgirl likes this
- axious2013 reblogged this from supercraz-e
- someonewithabowtie likes this
- missahiru likes this
- tokilladm reblogged this from happyhypnosis
- changebeforeyouhaveto reblogged this from loaf-of-bread
- royalbehavior likes this
- therarepandacudda likes this
- murdermurderkillkill likes this
- thesillypanda reblogged this from free-feels-at-221b
- chaotic-and-euphoric likes this
- free-feels-at-221b reblogged this from its-alrightlovexx
- thesimiplethings reblogged this from a-heartlike-mine
- makeitbetterthanyourself reblogged this from fickdichistmeinname
- pieceofmindd reblogged this from hold9your9head9up and added:
- ohshooooot reblogged this from cheekyryllieee
- hold9your9head9up reblogged this from free-for-your-life
- breathingthunder likes this
- cheekyryllieee reblogged this from its-alrightlovexx
- ichliebejulian reblogged this from free-for-your-life and added:
- b-r-u-i-s-e-d-butnot-b-r-o-k-e-n reblogged this from its-alrightlovexx
- leandlu likes this
- beneath-the-cloudss reblogged this from g00dby3-inn0cence
- closedwantit reblogged this from planettwoo
- elenitca-musii reblogged this from freespirit95
- elenitca-musii likes this
- longromanticwalkstothefridge reblogged this from livewithnoregretslifeistooshort
- belgradekids likes this
- fierce0 reblogged this from freespirit95
- hairowiin likes this
- coffee-lover17 likes this
- thnks-fr--th-mmrs likes this
- nickificki reblogged this from thisfuckingrealworld
- yousmelllikeamorgue reblogged this from wassolldasdenn