Question for liberals reply
Alright, thanks for the replies everyone. Didn’t mean to make you all mad, I just wanted to understand the liberal side. I’m cool with welfare for families that need it and are actively seeking work. I know the requirements, but it is an easy system to corrupt. Forget about statistics here because you can’t gather this kind. Use common sense- Don’t you think it’s the least bit odd that you have to get drug tests to have a job in this country, but not to collect money from those who have jobs and contribute to society? Seriously, I’d be fine with helping people who are not doing drugs. I admire the trust in this “honor system,” but wouldn’t it make all the sense in the world to require drug tests on the unemployed who go on welfare.
As far as OWS goes, I’m all for exercising democratic rights. However, this has gone too far. You might want to check this out- http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-29/occupy-oakland-protests/52871646/1. I’m sure that not all protesters use drugs, burn our flag, and assault people. But it’s disturbing how many are, and getting away with it.
Also, corporations create jobs and run this country. Attacking them and being paranoid about “lobbying” is just silly and un- American. Capitalism runs on competition and these corporations create global competitiveness and American superiority across the world. Why do people have a problem with our politicians helping them out? So what, they get paid. Good for them! It’s not undermining democracy at all. Corporations are made up of people, and those people are the ones helping our economy. We must get work ethic back in America because this system has always worked until this current epidemic of laziness and entitlement sense.
As far as poor people helping themselves, that’s not what I said at all. I think we the people must take responsibility and help them, apart from the government. My family is active in helping the poor. My parents donate to many charities and we help the poor through my volunteer activities, such as homeless shelters. This is actually caring for the poor. Unlike big government help, with its many opportunities for corruption, it’s actually showing them love as opposed to forced giving.
I’m just going to focus real quick on the part I bolded. This, folks, is spoon-fed conservative nonsense. OP, you asked liberals to explain corruption. But corporations paying politicians to look out for their special interests is just “creating competition”? And questioning that is UN-AMERICAN? Gee, I wonder why people say Republicans don’t care about poor people!
For real though. Having social programs (which every first-world nation has, including the ones with better economies than ours) is creating an “epidemic of laziness and entitlement” but openly supporting candidates who will let you pay less in taxes is just how capitalism works? Seriously? Seriously? Are you even listening to yourself?
Take your own advice and use a little common sense. Do you think we should drug test every person who gets tax breaks? Every person who uses public schools and parks and sidewalks? No? Then why should we only drug test poor people who use “taxpayer money”? HMMMM.
I love your “well you can’t gather statistics on this stuff” line. Actually you can! In Florida, when they started drug-testing welfare recipients, less than 2% of them failed. That’s lower than than the average level of drug use in our country, period. That’s not common sense — that’s reality. The truth has a liberal bias.
- jaclyn-dean reblogged this from the-broken-home-still-shines
- jishhd reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- classyfied likes this
- sweetestpiglet reblogged this from thetruthisouttheree and added:
- camembertlylegal reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- be-wary-for-there-are-zombies likes this
- twentysomethingfloater likes this
- commodifiedsouls likes this
- cuntsructivecriticism likes this
- lau3 likes this
- eccentricsoul likes this
- abnormallymomo reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- jansweddingbook likes this
- daftgod reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- daftgod likes this
- feintwithinafeint likes this
- lilliputian reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- sweetdreamr likes this
- perse1010 likes this
- fucknotony likes this
- reagannixonbushandclinton likes this
- andsoshewrites reblogged this from chanoue
- andsoshewrites likes this
- starbaeddelsg1 likes this
- chanoue reblogged this from not-here-anym0re
- tvcm likes this
- jishhd likes this
- athreateninghaiku likes this
- midori-verte reblogged this from flufflogic
- the-broken-home-still-shines reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- make-the-most-of-each-day likes this
- meowingaround likes this
- orobolicious reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- boyofdanger likes this
- driftingmelodies likes this
- nativen likes this
- butchrosser likes this
- robert-cameron likes this
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from not-here-anym0re and added:
- pensiveconversions reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- littleheichouontheprairie likes this
- whatsahel likes this
- lyrox likes this
- doublewuzzy reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- sunsetveins reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- sbabones likes this
- teenmachines likes this
- babysmurf likes this
- carmilla-von-karnstein likes this
- velinthesky likes this