multidimensionalmockingjay asked: Speaking as an SF nerd, part of the thing which bothers me about steampunk (though it's getting better nowadays) is that cyberpunk came first and was the first SF genre to really feature people of all races and cultures almost on principle, at least the best cyberpunk, and then steampunk appeared and in some ways the ~return to the golden victorian age~ almost seemed like a way to have your cake and remove all the POC at the same time. Everything went white again. Buut it's improving!
The only way to improve Steampunk is with a flamethrower.
But hey, that sounds really mean… I loved The Diamond Age (and I get flashbacks to it when I use my Kindle) and I felt like The Difference Engine was fair. Steampunk Magazine #1 really caught and held my attention.
But I couldn’t read anything Steampunk as many times as I’ve read Neuromancer.
- xtremecaffeine reblogged this from therapsida and added:
- therapsida reblogged this from xtremecaffeine
- quarianfleet likes this
- multidimensionalmockingjay reblogged this from xtremecaffeine and added:
- whatfreshhellisthis reblogged this from xtremecaffeine and added:
- pelletwiththepoison reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added:
- bubbybobble likes this
- green-street-politics reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added: