This is why chivalry is dead.
what a bitch. exactly why chivalry is dead. i loovee when people open/hold the door for me. shows they recognize my existence.
I don’t know why not wanting people to open doors for her makes her a female dog. Anyway, some people don’t like chivalry, deal with it. As long as it’s about people being nice to each other I think it’s great, despite the sex of the person who opens the door. Still, I don’t know why someone needs to open the door for another person, if that other person has arms and is perfectly capable of doing it. But if that person likes to be treated as a little invalid princess/prince… Okay.
I don’t know why some people would have a problem with chivalry, assuming the chivalrous person doesn’t do it with a sexist attitude or backdrop. I was always taught as a kid that women were to be respected and that a way of showing your respect was to be chivalrous towards them.
Of course if someone were to ask me to stop being so respectful and kind towards them I’d probably be a little puzzled but I would do it.
I get why women wouldn’t want men to hold the door just for women, or to,you know, really go out of their way to do it, as if the woman needed their help. I don’t think many women would react too badly to having the door held for them, but the reaction of LOL THIS IS WHY CHIVALRY IS DEAD is ridiculous.
is holding the door really just a man-for-woman thing?? ‘cause i always hold doors for people if they’re within door-holding distance, and people often do the same for me, regardless of gender. it’s just common courtesy!
i think this is another thing that is best looked at as general kindness, like paying for the person you’re with. if you want to, do it, it’s a really nice thing to do/offer to do for someone. chivalry, at this point, is NOT male-specific! it shouldn’t feel like an obligation, either. be a kind, morally upstanding person because you want to help the world, not because you feel like you have to to be ‘a real man,’ or because you want to get into Heaven, or any other arbitrary reason!
- livin-on-a-pocky likes this
- themoonisryxing reblogged this from cuteyoungmin
- cuteyoungmin reblogged this from exo-liferuiners
- leypark likes this
- too-much-too-often reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- livybrookelove reblogged this from thevalueofmomentsliveinmetaphor
- chanelespinoza likes this
- selunei reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- fetuslord likes this
- oohthatsjerkin likes this
- wearetheonesthatwanttoplay reblogged this from xsoubliette
- iexistthroughmyneed reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- all-aboutyou-me reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- idontneedanotherhero reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- the-nette reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- osirismfhernandez reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- garcross likes this
- leonsthomas reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- t-hiccup reblogged this from laugharcade
- indiemiles reblogged this from my-snail-ate-all-my-cheese
- yayersful likes this
- trustybutterknife likes this
- onyourkneesbiitch reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- keeponfightingkidd likes this
- sayboy1295 reblogged this from itsexclusive
- appleysauce likes this
- appleysauce reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- unityserenity likes this
- lawrencecheng reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- mynameistaytay reblogged this from yvessaintchris
- chupathingys likes this
- murd0ch likes this
- kitsipawn reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- hannahphee reblogged this from j-leilani
- ashhtraaay reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- mariabotas reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- jordanofgilead reblogged this from thatfunnyblog
- the-aye-tee reblogged this from karinaatee123
- ianguring reblogged this from itsexclusive
- bamsannen likes this
- annaloleina-jaay likes this
- writersmisstress reblogged this from m4everlove
- thethinpact likes this
- michella3 reblogged this from cosmic-philanthropy
- 50shades-of-riddle likes this
- samfockingstar likes this
- ilovecatsandbread likes this