A quick glance at the current BBC news headlines:
1. “Royal baby brings world celebrations”.
2. “Beyonce gets hair caught in fan”.
3. “Wales welcomes ‘joyous’ royal birth”
For your convenience, allow me to translate these into the ideological messages that they’re supposed to convey:
1. Nobody cares about slavery, colonialism, neocolonialism, enforced famines, white supremacy. The empire was a good thing. The world loves us.
2. We’re arming terrorists to destroy Syria, but who gives a fuck about that when we can talk about Beyonce’s hair?
3. Yay, the Welsh still love us too. Long live Great Britain. Long live the United Kingdom. One Nation (TM)."
Carlos Martinez via Facebook
British children’s shows are somewhat … Odd.
I don’t know if I want to cry or laugh.
BBC has a website to teach kids primary languages, such as French, Spanish, and Chinese. Of course, they all need costumes to show off their culture, right? While the French-teaching kid wears a beret and the Spanish-teaching one wears a sombrero…..
A BOWL OF RICE?
NOT EVEN A RICE HAT.
You can check it out for yourself at http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primarylanguages/
Well… That’s just dandy.