Comedians Who Use Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, etc for Humor Think They’re Edgy
When in fact you just seem like a senile 85 year old with pants up to your nipples rambling about back when “them damn devil women weren’t allowed to control their eeeeeeeevil vaginas.”
Congrats, you have actually succeeded in becoming grandpa Simpson. You are the least controversial, shocking, revolutionary standup comedian on the planet, your jokes were hackneyed in 1955.
This is you:
You are not saying what we’re all thinking, but too scared to say, you’re saying what literally everyone else in society got over thinking decades ago. You are an anachronism, get back in your own millenium.
Omnibus of scumbags
Some responses to things I’ve seen on my Dash today, compiled here so as to spare you from multiple posts about people being ignorant jerks about stupid shit:
Tard the cat: The owners are shitty people and the name is ugly ableism. I have no patience for people defending them. You can think the cat is cute without justifying or minimizing its owners shittiness. See: How to be a fan of problematic things.
Wil Wheaton: Or how not to behave when you’re being called out for doing something stupid. Don’t double down on a mistake by deflecting criticism for it or whining about your feelings. Intent isn’t magic. Good intentions don’t erase bad actions or consequences. Ovary up, apologize, learn something from your mistake, and move on. Can’t be arsed to do that? Goodbye.
People against Black James Bond: This doesn’t erase English culture. There are and have been black people in England for centuries. Also, James Bond is a fictional character. Queen Elizabeth, Shakespeare, Churchill and Jane Austen are all real people. Changing their ethnicity or race would be weird, but there’s absolutely nothing about James Bond as a character that makes him essentially white. He’s a debonair British spy and ladies’ man. Nothing about those character traits = whiteness. If you think they are, then you need to take a good, hard look at yourself.
Fighting hate with hate: It’s misleading to equate the hatefulness of bigotry with the anger of the oppressed. Context matters. The hatred of oppressive bigots is unwarranted, unjustifiable aggression toward marginalized and disempowered peoples for characteristics they can’t control. The hatred of the oppressed is a reaction to that aggression—it didn’t spring from nowhere. Let me repeat this: bigotry is aggression. An aggressive response to bigotry is the self-preservation instinct kicking in. Treating the two things as though they were the same is wrong.
James Gunn: is a homophobic, misogynist sack of shit. See what I did there?
1. ‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’
2. ‘These people aren’t so much seeking asylum, they’re seeking permanent residency. If they were happy with temporary protection visas, then they might be able to argue better that they were asylum seekers’
On rights at work:
3. ‘Bad bosses, like bad fathers and husbands, should be tolerated because they do more good than harm’
4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’
5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’
6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’
7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’
On Julia Gillard:
8. ‘Gillard won’t lie down and die’
On climate change:
9. ‘Climate change is absolute crap’
10. ‘If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax.’
11. ‘I’d probably … I feel a bit threatened’
12. ‘If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’
On Indigenous Australia:
13. ‘Now, I know that there are some Aboriginal people who aren’t happy with Australia Day. For them it remains Invasion Day. I think a better view is the view of Noel Pearson, who has said that Aboriginal people have much to celebrate in this country’s British Heritage’
14. ‘Western civilisation came to this country in 1788 and I’m proud of that…’
15. ‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’
On Nicola Roxon:
16: ‘That’s bullshit. You’re being deliberately unpleasant. I suppose you can’t help yourself, can you?’
Read this very carefully, Australia.
please please don’t vote for him
Every country has their asshole
and this is ours.
I really fucking hate it when white people are like “well most white people aren’t racist.”
like fuck you.
The reason you think most white people aren’t racist is because you’re NOT A FUCKING TARGET FOR WHITE PEOPLE’S RACISM.
I have heard the argument that “because I grew up in an area predominantly white, racism wasn’t an issue. Black people were just…normal. Really.”
No, bitch. It’s because there wasn’t as much opportunity to be racist.
And while we’re at it, the whole pro-men’s rights argument of “most men aren’t rapists/douchebags/creepers”?
Yeah, fuck you.
Because most men are not motherfucking trying to get you in bed.
Why do you think you’re so fucking homophobic? Is it because you think most gay men would want you in bed?
Why is it that somehow, that’s logical, but it’s not logical for me to say “motherfucker, do not touch my body when I do not want to be touched. I will not smile at your smarmy, bed-getting compliments.”
Dude, the gay man was just SITTING NEXT TO YOU and you motherfucking freaked. out.
basically, what I am trying to say:
Unless you are the target of a specific type of bigotry, there is no fucking way you can be an accurate judge re: the accuracy of said bigotry committed by a social demographic.
Because your sample size is just motherfucking small as fuck.
Not to mention they’re probably leaving out all the microaggressions they’ve perpetrated stereotypes proliferated, or the fact that they don’t even know any Black people at all. Add in what Whites refuse to recognize, don’t recognize as racism and you’ve got a huge problem.
“Not Racist” and “Anti-Racist” are not default, especially if you’ve never even begun the process of recognizing and unlearning shit.
Straight privilege is saying that all non-straight people should be fine with homophobic slurs and jokes because you found one non-straight person who says they weren’t bothered by that incident.
Straight privilege is thinking there’s no point to including other sexualities unless it’s to make a statement - “why’d they use a gay couple for that advert? There’s no point, it’s not about being gay. Using a straight couple would’ve worked just fine, why bother?”
The “Reparative Therapy” Session You’ll Never See “Homophobia is a lifestyle choice. Just because you have bigoted urges, you don’t have to act on them.Through prayer, we can train it out of you.”
Why have I never seen this? Margaret Cho is my new favorite <3
why is this so funny
dying right now
Bye bye now
this just makes me love oreos more. :D
Sometimes, Manchester is a great city.
K The council have made an award (named after the brilliant Alan Turing) for people who have made a significant contribution to tackling homophobia in Manchester.
“A new award in memory of computer genius Alan Turing is to mark the centenary of his birth. The Alan Turing Memorial Award will recognise individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to the fight against homophobia in Manchester.”
[Trigger Warning: Racism, Islamaphobia, Homophobia] Fuck You.
I hate niggers [fuck welfare], I hate towel heads. I hate fucking gay people, I hate abortion, I hate peace, I hate interracial relationship, I am a christian.
So fuck all of you and all of your shitty bullshit.
1. Niggers ruin the states buy making it shitty with gangs and having tons of kids to have welfare. Get a fucking job, for the people who aren’t capable of getting job and are disabled, be on disability welfare shit, is what I think.
2. Towel heads will kill us. Lol.
3. I am a CHRISTIAN, It is not right, and I think it is really fucking gross.
4. Every child deserves a chance, but I really don’t like black kids…
5. FACT: We will never be at peace.
6. Interracial relationships are gross, and it just shouldn’t happen…
7. FUCK You stupid shits, I am not a very perfect christian, but I repent and what not, I haven’t read the bible, but I know God is real. He has made miracles to me and nothing could ever change that.
I think this is appropriate.
Urdustan is now out, available for $9.00 in PRINT only. It is a collection of short stories about South Asians—punks, vampires, deafies, etc. There are seven stories in total. Please visit Urdustan for a summary and a short review by Jean-Marc, a musician based in Brussels, Belgium (the world’s very FIRST review of Urdustan).
Seven stories, four nations, one people.
Whether it’s a slaughterhouse in the East End of London or a run-down hotel in the holy city of Al-Madinah, a tiny township in Northern Michigan or a fishing village on the Bay of Bengal in India, people yearn for the same thing in common–life–to experience life and to feel alive.
Urdustan tells the stories of North Indians and Pakistanis; Muslims and Hindus; Desi Americans and British Asians. All come from the same land yet each leads a different life and tells a different story; each shares the desire to experience love and friendship, the insatiable urge to connect to others on a human level.
Urdustan reveals multiple personalities of the South Asian diaspora that are often ignored. The stories are richly interwoven with different characters from many walks of life–Hasidic Jews, African Americans, punks, deaf teens, gay males, and even supernatural creatures such as vampires and angels. Romance, horror, racism, homophobia, audism, love, death, spirituality, fantasy, friendship all play important factors in the storytelling of Urdustan. Each story is a small reflection of the greatly diverse world we live in and call our home.
# REPPIN D.I.Y SELF-PUBLISHED DESI / DEAF / MUSLIM / PUNK AUTHORS