The story of how I almost got shot by a racist white man.
I was assaulted when I was a teen by a middle aged white redneck before…..over a movie theater entrance!!!
I had already paid for my ticket. Left, got some ice cream, and came back. I’m going through the door to bypass the lines and this guy on his way out suddenly bumps into me hard. I’m thinking it’s a simple “oops we bumped into each other” for a split second. I’m a pretty big dude so the bump felt like it was just my mass. I even said, my bad. But I noticed he backed up and kept trying to keep me from getting in the door. Now I’m confused. I back up and I’m like, what’s your problem? He’s like, “You gotta pay like everyone else.” I say, “I did. I’m going to show my stub to the ticket guy. I’m not trying to movie jump.” So I try to reach for the door again and this dude really put his hands on me and pushed me….hard! I’m normally a cool headed person but I was furious. I pushed him back and told him not to put his hands on me. I’m heated. I ask him again what his problem is. I paid for my ticket. And he says, “I don’t like your kind. Always trying to get a free ride.” I can imagine my face turned red. But I kept relatively cool and just let him know, he’s not security. He has no rights to put his hands on me. Let the ticket guy check my stub. At that point I was under the false assumption that you could reason with white people. Not this guy. He was feeling his white privilege strong that day.
Then came the first shot – straight into the crowd, without warning. Other policemen took up the signal and more shots were fired. Twelve-year-old Hector Pieterson fell to the ground, fatally wounded. He was picked up by Mbuyisa Makhubo, a fellow student, who ran with him towards the Phefeni Clinic, with Pieterson’s crying sister Antoinette running alongside.
The World photographer Sam Nzima was there to record Pieterson’s last moments. “I saw a child fall down,” he says. “Under a shower of bullets I rushed forward and went for the picture.”
Photographer: Sam Nzima
"I am the law, I am justice! I am the oppressed, and there is the oppressor! It is through him that all those whom I have loved, cherished and venerated, have perished! Everything I hate is there!"
Captain Nemo - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (via transformandreveal)
[Name withheld due to a belief that he is spewing hate partially to increase adsense page view]:
JUSTICE FOR CHANNON AND CHRISTOPHER!!!!
With every racist statement you’ve written, this is by FAR the most telling. You see “Justice” as a media circus. We see “Justice” as a murderer being put in jail.
You’ve posted a picture that actually INCLUDES the mug shots of the people who were CONVICTED. Which means, they went to trial, got convicted and are serving their terms. From what I understand, two of them got the death penalty.
Yet, you DON’T believe “Justice” has been served because the evil media hasn’t plastered this case all over the place?
You see “Justice” as cameras and a spotlight. We see justice as a murderer being tried, all evidence shown and if proven guilty, convicted.
How sad, no not sad, SICK-that you don’t see the difference.
You are “Educated?”
What next ‘Justice for Bambi’s mother’ White people lol
• 1953: USA overthrows democratically elected Prime Minister Mossadeq of Iran, then installs dictator Shah
• 1954: USA overthrows democratically elected President Arbenz of Guatemala 200,000 civilians killed
• 1963: USA backs assassination of S. Vietnamese President Diem.
• 1963-1975: American military kills 4 million people in Southeast Asia.
• September 11th, 1973: U.S. stages coup in Chile. Democratically elected President Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 5,000 Chileans murdered.
• 1977: U.S. backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and 4 American nuns killed.
• 1980S: US trains Osama bin Laden and fellow terrorists to kill soviets. CIA funds $3 billion.
• 1981: Regan administration trains and funds “contras” 30,000 Nicaraguans die.
• 1982: US provide billions in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.
• 1983: White House secretly gives Iran weapons to kill Iraqis.
• 1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington. So, US invade Panama and removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamanian casualties.
• 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from US
• 1991: US enter Iraq. Bush reinstated dictator of Kuwait.
• 1998: Clinton bombs “weapons factory” in Sudan, factory turns out to be making Aspirin.
• 1991: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. UN estimates over 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.
• 2000-2001: US gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan $245 million in “aid”
2001: 3,000 murdered in 9/11 attacks.
And this is a selective list of atrocities. Woot Yoo Ess Ayy.
"If abstinence is so effective, why is it only taught in a sexual setting? We should disband the police force and tell criminals to abstain from crime, and disband the army after telling terrorists to abstain from blowing people up. The benefits of abstinence should be spread around."
Reddit user ZeroNihilist at Found it while eating pizza at my Nannas. I almost choked. (via atarimcgregor)
[Image description: purple and black alternating diamond pattern in background. At the center is a pissed-off grey and white cat. Top text: “Ignorancio!” Bottom text: “The fourth Unforgivable Curse”]
"After 22 years of injustice and inhuman living in camps with nobody caring for us, we feel that we have the very full right to protect our revolution, we have all the right to protect our revolution. Our Code of Morals is Our Revolution. What serves our revolution, what helps our revolution, what protects our revolution is right, is very right and honourable and very noble and very beautiful, because our revolution means justice, means having our homes back, having back our country, which is a very just and noble aim."
-My People Shall Live The Autobiography of a Revolutionary, Leila Khaled (via bonjour-habibti)