"I think she has a traditional way of thinking about America’s role in the world, more Jeffersonian than Teddy Roosevelt — that the shining light of America ought to mean something in the world, be an example and model, but it shouldn’t be a heavy hand to force people to follow our model[.]"
Retired Lt. Gen. Gregory Newbold, on Michele Flournoy, who is on the shortlist of appointments for Secretary of Defense in the Obama administration’s 2nd term cabinet. Flournoy would be the first female U.S. Secretary of Defense if she is appointed. (via letterstomycountry)
Just a reminder
i can’t believe mitt romney got arrested for possession of cocaine in college but then they LET HIM GO that’s the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard
Saw this on Russell Howards Good News. Amused the hell out of me XD
I Just had to make more lol
lmao love this
Recap of this week’s fuckery:
[TW: Racism, Lynching, Violence, Rape]
- People examine the “humanity” of Hitler.
- A man fakes depression and scams people out of approximately $50,000. He then releases an “apology” where he says he’s not sorry for stealing the money and he states that he believes that depression isn’t real.
- Testing revealed that the only DNA on the gun George Zimmerman had on him the night he killed Trayvon Martin was his own.
- A northwest Austin man lynched an empty chair from a tree in his yard. The empty chair was meant to represent the President. When asked about the display, the man said “I don’t really give a damn whether it disturbs you or not. You can take [your concerns] and go straight to hell and take Obama with you. I don’t give a shit. If you don’t like it, don’t come down my street.”
- Everyone’s favorite racist grandpa, Pat Buchanan, called President Obama a “drug dealer of welfare.”
- Aboriginal petroglyphs were destroyed by vandals armed with acid and a drill.
- 40 Days for Life displayed some horrifically racist posters at the University of New Mexico campus in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Rep. Peter King admits he doesn’t care what fact check says.
- A 13 year old black child was hit by an unmarked police car in Hempstead, NY. They refused to take him to the hospital until he was processed at the police station.
- Lady GaGa parades around in a see through burqa.
- Vegans compare raped women to artificially inseminated cows while simultaneously defending Lady GaGa parading around in an insulting approximation of a burqa.
- White Feminism™ was forever in the wrong.
- Jessica Valenti and other White Feminists™ thought it was their place to discuss and criticize black motherhood.
- Tumblr user trevortherelentless took it upon himself to post his Islamophobia in the Mass Effect tag.
- Tumblr user frederpking thinks it’s totes ok and not racist at all to throw around the word n**ger.
It’s not even Friday yet. What the hell people. What. The. Hell.
and those last two could actually be expanded to include at least half of tumblr and their post-racial bullshit.
"He’s abandoned some of our key allies like Israel, Poland and Czechoslovakia."
I’m pretty sure Czechoslovakia abandoned Czechoslovakia… 20 years ago.
History is hard. :/
Don’t get me started on Obama’s treatment of Prussia. A damned shame, that is.
Personally I’m annoyed about his policies towards Hyperborea, Narnia and Middle Earth.
He has been really harsh on the Hyporborians, hasn’t he?
He hasn’t even weighed in on the scandal in Bohemia.
When is he going to comment on the destruction of Alderaan?(via invisibleblackunicorn)
It’s Smith, guys. Barack Hussein Obama Smith.
I’m so done.
I’m not having a good day. I see this and have burst into hysterical tears. Ignorance, meet google.
This is more than just ignorance.
Every single person who asks this question has made the unquestioned assumption that we’ve all been calling the president by his first name this whole time. Not as part of an unflattering nickname like “Slick Willy” or “Tricky Dick” or a friendly and familiar campaign slogan like “I Like Ike”, but that this is just how commentators and pundits and even straight reporters talk about him: Obama did this, Obama said that, Obama’s policy, Obama’s trip…
This isn’t just not knowing whether “Obama” is a first name or last name, this is hearing people habitually referring to the President of the United States of America and assuming that the speaker is giving him so little respect or deference. Granted, this also says something abut the way his name sounds in so many people’s mouth and how rarely he’s accorded even the simple courtesy of a “Mister” in front of his name… but it also says something about the person who hears this disrespect and not only doesn’t question it, but assumes it goes one enormous step further and doesn’t have a problem with that.
As a nation we’ve always been a bit careless about how we refer to our presidents, ever since our first ones dispensed with styles like “Your Excellency” and “Your Honor” and even (I kid you not) “Your Elective Majesty”. Officially, they call him Mr. President, but in the interest of squeezing another word into the headline our very democratic free press has long viewed even that token of honor as optional. But when so many people take so much care to pack as much disrespect into every syllable of our elected executive’s name as they can, I think we need to take equal care to refer to him with proper respect and courtesy.
Mr. Obama. Mr. President. President Obama. Governor Romney and Governor Palin have both been out of office for years… three years haven’t been long enough for Palin to shed the title she voluntarily “refudiated” and it apparently also hasn’t been long enough for President Obama to be accorded the title he earned.
And if you even think “communism” is a relevant thing in 2012, you probably went to a Christian voucher school.
Artwork by Teresa Miroslaw
Dear Republicans threatening to move to Canada over ObamaCare
you don’t have David Cameron
the man who cut £20 billion from the British healthcare system
who cut £25 billion from benefits for disabled people and those generally needy
who cut EMA from students and raised university fees a lot
I need not go on
your president has enforced equal pay in the workplace, provided child care for working families, ended the war in Iraq, supported embryonic stem cell research AND supports gay marriage
there’s so much more
yeah he may have made some mistakes but he’s only been in power 3 and a half years so I don’t know why you’re all expecting this guy to magically fix the fucking system right away
I don’t care if I get hate for this STOP THE MOANING