"At 5 you’re too young because 5 year olds believe they’re superman. At 11 you’re too young because puberty hasn’t set in yet. At 16 you’re too young because puberty hormones mess with everyone. At 18 you’re too young for the same reason. And after 18 you’re too old because if you were really trans you would have said something by now.What people really want is for trans people to stop existing so we stop challenging the common, incorrect idea that men and women are as separate and uncrossable as if they were separate species."
why is this so funny
dying right now
Bye bye now
this just makes me love oreos more. :D
The Top 6 Reasons Why You Should Hate Dan Savage
1. Dan Savage hates trans people and uses transphobic slurs.
“Children have a right to some stability and constancy from the adults in their lives. Perhaps I’m a transphobic bigot, but I honestly think waiting a measly 36 months to cut your dick is a sacrifice any father should be willing to make for his 15-year-old son. Call me old-fashioned.
Unfortunately, your ex wasn’t willing to make that sacrifice (selfish tranny!), or it never occurred to him to make that sacrifice (stupid tranny!)…. If your son can’t deal with having his dad/mom/whatever around right now, support him and tell his dad/mom/whatever to leave the two of you alone for the time being.”
2. Dan Savage believes that bisexuals do not and should not exist.
“I’m not saying bi guys are bad people, or they don’t make great one-night stands. Bushes, bathhouses, and sleazy gay bars are crawling with bi guys. But if a guy wants more, he’ll have an easier time getting it from another gay man.”
3. Dan Savage has admonished women for not putting up with their partner’s sexual desires and has criticized female rape survivors’ stories.
“There the guy was, boned for you, and he was brave enough to put his desires out there, to make himself vulnerable (which is what the ladies are always saying they want, right?), and you lobbed the ol’ “What?!?” bomb at him and made him feel like a freak. Is it any wonder that he quickly moved on to “other things” and, one would hope, better sex partners?”
“I’m extremely sorry that you were raped, DRARS, although your baseless accusations of rape make me doubt you when you claim to be a survivor of rape. The feminist bloggers are going to accuse me of thought crimes: If a woman says she was raped then, by God, she was raped. (Tell it to the lacrosse team.) But if my reaction to your letter is a thought crime, I can only plead entrapment: I wouldn’t have had these illegal thoughts if you hadn’t sent me such a stupid letter in the first place… Finally, DRARS, I hereby withdraw my consent for you to read Savage Love. If you continue to read my column against my will, well, we all know what word to apply to your actions.”
4. Dan Savage thinks that racist gay white men are less of a threat to African-Americans than homophobic African-Americans are to gay people.
EDIT: The quote below is indeed Dan’s response to Prop 8 and black homophobia, I have added some more of the senseless shit that has spewed out of his mouth so that no one will be confused as to how much of an asshole he is:
“I do know this, though: I’m done pretending that the handful of racist gay white men out there—and they’re out there, and I think they’re scum—are a bigger problem for African Americans, gay and straight, than the huge numbers of homophobic African Americans are for gay Americans, whatever their color…I’ll eat my shorts if gay and lesbian voters went for McCain at anything approaching the rate that black voters went for Prop 8.”
EDIT: Here are some more lovely gems from our resident asshole Dan Savage on his rampant hatred for everything not white, male, and gay:
5. Dan Savage thinks asexuals are secretly “fags”.
“I appreciate the feedback, Stephanie, and I’m sorry I offended you. But… um… I couldn’t help but think, as I read your letter, that your boyfriend is either a fool or a fag. But if it works for you guys—if a romantic relationship devoid of sexual attraction and activity works for you guys—then it works for you guys. Who am I to argue with success?”
6. Dan Savage is fatphobic.
“First off, LARDASS, you neglected to include a sign-off, forcing me to create one for you. I tried to create one that captured the spirit and tone of your letter, and I think I did pretty well… I am thoroughly annoyed at having my tame statements of fact—being heavy is a health risk; rolls of exposed flesh are unsightly—characterized as ‘hate speech.’”
EDIT: I’ve got a lot of requests for citations, so here they are. They get even worse, believe me — the sexual kink that Savage admonishes the woman for was because he believed it was totally ok for her boyfriend wanting to put his nutsack into her vagina. Because that is a totally unsurprising sexual desire to request for.
TRIGGER WARNING: These articles contain transphobic comments/slurs, victim-blaming, racism, hatred of all kinds and colors
Dan Savage is one bigoted motherfucker.
Things I learned from TV.
- All Asians look like John Cho.
- Asians know everything. Seriously, everything. And they can probably fly in secret and they just don’t tell us.
- If an Asian person tells you to do something, for the love of god, do it. NEVER cross them.
- Black people are all hard. Every one. They’re hard as fuck. You can’t break them with a hammer.
- Despite being really hard, black people tend to die very easily and repeatedly.
- Despite black people dying really easily, cops still need to shoot them and/or taze them and/or tackle them in large groups to the floor.
- Attractive white men will rarely suspect suspicious attractive white women. The only people who will are black or latino people and other attractive white women.
- God is black, but only a tame kind of black.
- All black people look alike.
- White women are very delicate and special.
- Despite white women being very delicate and special, they often seem to live through entire shows.
- Despite white women having higher survival rates than probably anyone else, everyone falls over themselves to protect them, almost as if they are in danger.
- Black people know all other black people. All of them. Seriously every single one.
- Most Latinos just look like white people.
- The ones that don’t are very, very HARRRRRRD.
- Muslims and Middle Easterners who aren’t completely Americanized down to the tiniest degree are barbaric and horrific. But at least you can count on your Americanized ones to side with white people on just how barbaric they are.
- Brown people love the shit out of arranged marriage. In fact, they are all arranged married. Even ones who have lived in America for several generations. Or sometimes they play a doctor (who just isn’t arranged married yet).
- Darker-skinned black people all come from the skreets. Suburban upper or middle class black people are all light skinned. Very light skinned.
- Non-white trans women only hold two jobs; prostitute and casualty of prostitution.
- Lesbians are all white.
- If a trans woman isn’t a prostitute, she’s definitely white.
- Trans men are also all white.
- Gay men are mostly white except for black guys who share their massive black dicks.
- The few massive-black-dick-sharing gay guys are all on the down-low.
- There may be a few secret queer Latinos.
- Gay Asians don’t exist. Gay Indigenous definitely don’t exist.
- Indigenous people are werewolves, or they teach white people lots of things and send them on spirit journeys and stuff using magical native potions. Also spirit animals.
- Despite PoC having so much magic and giving white people so much education, they always need to be saved by white people in the end. What the heck are they using all this magical education for????
The clock is ticking-If you have not already filled in an electronic or paper response to the equal marriage consultation then please do so! Please either:
Fill in the respondents information for a letter to the Scottish Government. Clicking here will take you to the letter.
Complete the consultation form. Clicking here will take you to the consultation form
Please help! There is only a couple of days left, and there has been a large negative response that have made themselves heard. We need your help. Please reblog once you’ve filled in a form if you can too.
Privilege Speaks! (trigger warning for discussion of rape, violence, and talking to a privilege denying dick)
- Me: The amount of race-fail I have encountered today is astounding. I mean come on, straight cis white guys really shouldn't be trying to write novels about the experience of racism... because they suck at it
- Him: Is it perhaps a little ironic that you reference the gender, orientation, and race of someone to justify their ability to do something?
- Me: Privilege matters (unfortunately) if you have no experience of discrimination based upon immutable qualities you'll probably end up with a mighty whitey saves the day case of bullshit.
- Him: Privilege is a blanket term to throw over any entire gender, race, orientation, or any other group of people; it doesn't really do anything to resolve a specific point of contention and I don't think it adds a whole lot to any debate. It comes off more as a way to disqualify someone's opinion on the basis of things that should have nothing to do with it's validity.
- Me: No, that's not what privilege is. Privilege is a way of describing the fact that there are certain things certain groups just don't experience the same way others do (due to systemic oppression) cisgender men for example will never experience street harassment the same way women and people socially coded female do. So when some douchebag guy says "I'd love it if some girl yelled vulgarities at me from across the street" it fails to take into account the fear and threat inherently associated with being catcalled for women (and people read as women)
- Him: What privilege is depends on who I'm talking to and what point they're trying to make. In any case - let's use the example of fear of sexual assault - using the word "privilege" adds nothing to the point and risks alienating the group of people it's directed against.
- Saying that a "cisgender man will never experience harassment the way women do" excludes the experience (or potential experience) of someone on nothing other than the typical experiences of members of their social group. It stops treating them like a person and starts treating them a representation of their group, which is what I think we'd want to get around in the first place.
- Me: No, privilege is a defined piece of academic jargon that often gets misused, and you know what? I have never met a cisgender man who got street harassed the way women do. It's a big picture term, because in order to combat systemic oppression (systemic is when it's ingrained in the culture so deeply you can barely tease it out from what's inherent) you have to look at the big picture. Treating individuals as individuals on an... individual basis is all well and good, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about the fact that I earn .75 cents on a cisgender man's dollar, we're talking about the fact that thousands of women die from eating disorders every year, we're talking about how many times more likely it is I'll be raped than you, we're talking about how the average lifespan of a transgender person worldwide is 22 years, we're talking about the fact that you have a statistical advantage at pretty much everything. This doesn't make you a bad person, this doesn't mean you're not allowed to talk in debates about this shit, but you have to think before you speak and educate yourself because YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE. You have to take the time to imagine what it must be like to know X about the way the culture treats your group, and the way that effects your behavior and perception of things.
- Heeeeeeere doucheydoucheydoucheydouchey
What I see in popular culture, and even in some people I know
TW FOR HOMOPHOBIA, SLUT SHAMMING, TRANSPHOBIA
Is this wave of people just raving about Gay Rights and Gay Equality and the LGBTQ community.
They take things like New York legalizing same sex marriage as this huge victory (I believe it to be an amazing step and a victory). And they view programs like Glee and super stars like Lady Gaga as these safe heavens for queer youth. And I just don’t buy it.
Is it awesome that on one of the popular television series in the world we saw two boys kiss? Yes, it is. Is it cool that there seems to be no “Q” or “T” at all?
I know acceptance and equality are all cool subjects right now. But There are so many people being pushed aside still. How about maybe the first time a Trans Woman was showed in their full self in popular media it was used as a site gag.
How about the ever lasting amount of Slut Shamming? Sexism? Racism? We see from friends and family. and police. and governors. and politicians.
Why can’t we convince people who are jumping on the equality bandwagon to understand that Queer kids are not the only ones being oppressed and marginalized?